1. Please, can our readers get to know you? Briefly introduce yourself to our audience.
I am a momprenuer based in Dallas committed to creating a shopping experience that centers my community.
2. What exactly are you into? What is your business all about?
We are a mommy owned & operated baby, kids, and maternity online boutique.
3. What inspired you to get started?
I felt like we needed more opportunities to see our children and families as the default in our shopping experience.
4. What is your educational background?
I am a Paul Quinn College graduate, HBCU love!!!
5. What are your motivations?
Seeing my community become self-efficient and thriving.
6. What advice do you have for other people who want to do this same thing?
Invest in yourself, have patience, and be committed to something greater than yourself. We need all hands on deck if we plan on breaking the cycles of poverty in our community.
7. Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years?
I will be working to create change.
8. Any present or future projects?
Aside from running an online boutique for maternity goods and children products and beard oil business, I am ALWAYS trying to make sure we show up to the polls. 2020 is almost here!
9. What is the biggest challenge you’ve experienced in your business as a person of color?
Not having a full understanding of what it takes to be successful and seeking out the best people and places to learn from.
10. Are you married or single?
11. How can we connect with you on social media?
12. What is your greatest accomplishment?
13. As a person of color, what advice will you give someone starting their own business or career?
Start it! Then invest in the education, training, and mentorship necessary to make it successful. Don’t be cheap with yourself or your family’s future.