1. Please, can our readers get to know you? Briefly introduce yourself to our audience.
My name is Asia Denson Founder of Denson Construction Services, LLC. The business was founded 12/10/2020 here in Grand Blvd Detroit Michigan.
2. What exactly are you into? What is your business all about?
Asia Denson, owner of Denson Construction Services, LLC provides real estate investors a peace of mind that their residential or commercial projects will be completed to the highest quality standards through a customized communication policy using technologies that fit the client’s lifestyle.
She also provides extensive knowledge of Detroit by knowing the city in regards to the neighborhoods, where to invest and where to stay away from, as well as up and coming areas. We are a full scale general contracting firm that specializes in full scale residential/commercial renovations, clean-outs, winterization, property preservation, landscaping, electrical, plumbing, board ups, and other construction services as needed. We are also certified as Woman Owned Small Business (WOSB) and Economically Disadvantaged Woman Owned Small Business (EDWOSB).
3. What inspired you to get started?
I was tired of how I noticed certain contractors would talk to my mom and not explain why something would cost a certain amount or explain exactly what they were doing. Construction is in my blood as my grandfather was a big carpenter in Georgia and Alabama and my dad as well as my brother are both brick masons.
4. What is your educational background?
Jackson State University – BS Industrial Technology Engineering Eastern Michigan University – MS Construction Management Detroit Training Institute of Technology – Carpentry
5. What are your motivations?
My family and to never be broke again
6. What advice do you have for other people who want to do this same thing?
Never give up. It is ok to make mistakes but learn from them and move on.
7. Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years?
Completing ground up developments throughout the city of Detroit and doing some federal construction projects.
8. Any present or future projects?
Currently renovating 2 personal projects and 5 projects for clients.
9. What is the biggest challenge you’ve experienced in your business as a person of color?
In the beginning the hardest thing was being respected and taken seriously.
10. Are you married or single?
11. How can we connect with you on social media?
@DensonConstServ business page, personal is @ladycontractor Check out my EBOOKS here
12. What is your greatest accomplishment?
Being able to take care of mother
13. As a person of color, what advice will you give someone starting their own business or career?
It is ok to make mistakes and it also ok to lose friends or even family. You have to stay the course. The 5 year rule is the truth and you must stay consistent. People especially friends will doubt you and then ask you a million questions but take their business elsewhere.
Once this happens then you have to decide to continue to help them for free or to just tell them to go somewhere else. The funny thing is they only come to you for help once they have been screwed over but then they will still go elsewhere (and pay them but not you).