1. Please, can our readers get to know you? Briefly introduce yourself to our audience.
Born & raised in Queens, NY, Emmanuella Young is a Wife, Mother, Business Owner, Preacher; Inspirational speaker; Gospel recording artist; Songwriter; TV Host & Radio Personality.
2. What exactly are you into? What is your business all about?
Owner & CEO of Stencil Town Inc.: A solution-based company that integrates your brand, website, promotional materials, and digital services into one solid business personality. I am also Co-Owner of TerrellKnows: TerrellKnows is an Ad Agency geared towards but not limited to the urban and religious communities.
3. What inspired you to get started?
I wanted to make a difference and impact lives
1. In regards to radio and being a radio personality, I wanted to give the independent artist a chance to be heard. There are so many artists out there that have excellent music as well as other creatives I.e. authors that need a platform, and I wanted to provide that.
2. TV Host: I was tired of seeing foolishness on TV so I decided to do something about it instead of complaining.
3. Owner: Wanted to provided excellence and services people with integrity and also be a connector, resource to many and even employing or finding employment for people.
4. Recording Artist/ Composer/Song Writer: Share that God placed within me to God people and the World.
4. What is your educational background?
B.A. Music Honor Doctorate in Sacred Music
5. What are your motivations?
God and Family
6. Any present or future projects?
As a recording artist: Release my new single “FAVOR”
7. What is the biggest challenge you’ve experienced in your business as a person of color?
One of the biggest challenges I have experienced in my business as a person of color is FAMILIARITY and ENTITLEMENT. I have learned that there are no friends in business and sometimes, individuals feel that just because they grew up with you, attended the same church, of the same faith, grew up and/or live in the same community and/or are even a person of color, that they are exempt from doing business properly i.e. paying their bills, being professional, etc.
8. Are you married or single?
9. How can we connect with you on social media?
https://www.facebook.com/EYoungTV/ https://www.instagram.com/EYoungTV/ https://www.twitter.com/EYoungTV/ https://www.facebook.com/stenciltowngraphics/ https://www.facebook.com/TerrellKnows www.emmanuellayoung.com
12. What is your greatest accomplishment?
13. As a person of color, what advice will you give someone starting their own business or career?
Walk-in integrity Do business properly, Make sure your paperwork is in order at all times. Have boundaries and most importantly, don’t have everyone accessible to you