1. Please, can our readers get to know you? Briefly introduce yourself to our audience.
Hi, I am the owner of Amorous Weddings. I specialize in Cultural Themed Weddings and Events and corporate events. I enjoy seeing my clients excited and stress-free knowing they have trusted us to handle their special occasion.
I use multiple locations to service my clients and a team of employees who are ready to help when needed. We enjoy what we do to service your special occasion.
2. What exactly are you into? What is your business all about?
We are about planning events; we work behind the scene to make your event memorable to you and your guest. We design as well. We enjoy taking your ideas and making it come to life.
3. What inspired you to get started?
I love weddings, events, and it’s my gift and passion. I knew I was called to help others in this area so I took the leap of faith. I love cultures and learning about weddings, traditions and what makes each wedding different.
4. What is your educational background?
I have taken tons of classes from event planning, wedding planning, etiquette classes, mentoring by the best in the industry. I have a Masters in Business and an impeccable eye for details. I have taken management courses; I also manage a team of 11 people.
5. What are your motivations?
My kids are my motivation. I am a single mother. My son is 21 and my daughter is 14. I understand what it means to struggle and I lived that life for so long.
We have been homeless 5 times; I’ve had to live through so much. I am more determined to not ever be homeless again. I do this for my kids and parents. So every day, I am motivated for my family.
6. What advice do you have for other people who want to do this same thing?
My advice is to research, get training and go live your dream. There will be ups and downs, but you must keep moving forward. Remember charge your worth and don’t let anyone discourage you, you are destined for greatness.
7. Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years?
I will be traveling globally helping businesses and corporations. I will have multiple teams of my businesses working across the country globally. I plan to have a multi business soon. I will be able to hire people who are looking for work to work for me.
8. Any present or future projects?
Yes, working with radio stations planning their events, working with celebrities planning their weddings and events. I am planning an engaging experience for engaged couples. For married couples, I have a similar idea.
9. What is the biggest challenge you’ve experienced in your business as a person of color?
Rather I should post my picture on my site or not. And feeling like other planners were more successful than me because I am black. I had been told because I am black I might not get weddings, well God blessed me in business for all 10 years here in AZ.
10. Are you married or single?
11. How can we connect with you on social media?
Fb and Instagram under Amorous weddings and events
12. What is your greatest accomplishment?
My greatest accomplishment is being the first in my family to have a Masters degree and a business.
13. As a person of color, what advice will you give someone starting their own business or career?
Keep your faith high, pray over your business and do not let anyone tell you that you can’t do something. Look beyond color and see people as they are. Stay positive and learn to love yourself. We are powerful people and you will succeed.